ab

Important Notice – 41st Batch Students

Picture of LMS Administrator Darshana Jayasuriya
by LMS Administrator Darshana Jayasuriya - Thursday, 15 July 2021, 12:37 PM

Dear Students of the 41st Batch - Faculty of Medicine, University of Ruhuna,

I am sharing the contents of the e-mail I from Dr. Irushi Ediriweera at the IRD, Colombo regarding the Global Engagement Partnership Fund.

The Global Engagement Partnership Fund is a project done in collaboration with King's College, London and the Institute of Research & Development, Colombo, Sri Lanka.

One of the main objectives of this project is to adapt the "Time to thrive" course to suit the Sri Lankan context.

This course has been specially designed to help university students navigate the challenges brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic by helping students deal with stress, build resilience and identify their best selves.

It is planned to carry out a pilot program with 15 students from different universities in Sri Lanka.

Therefore, it would be greatly appreciated if two 3rd year students from the Faculty of Medicine, University of Ruhuna would participate in this pilot project.

Participants: 2 students - preferably 3rd or 4th year depending on the workload. (I have excluded the 4th years as they are currently engaged in the 3rd MBBS Part II Examination).

Benefits -
 Opportunity to complete a course from King's College, London free of charge.
 Equip students with the necessary tools to deal with stress and build resilience
   Opportunity to participate in future courses done in collaboration with King's College, London.

The participants will get one week to complete the course and they will be given an opportunity to give us their feedback on the course.

You are invited to participate in this pilot project and, if interested, please express your interest at your earliest to Dr. Irushi Ediriweera via e-mail icediriweera@gmail.com or Mobile 0712833068

Thank you.

Professor Ajith Nagahawatte

15th July 2021